HS ENGLISH GRAMMAR TEST

 HS GRAMMAR TEST

Set-1-10 marks

Do as directed:-(1×6=6)

1)My parents were widely regarded as an ideal couple. (Change the voice)

2)You have already been answered," said the hermit to the Tsar.(change the narration)

3)This is the best time. (Use the positive degree) 

4)I do not recall the exact number of people she fed every day. (Rewrite as an affirmative sentence) 

5)I wanted a pair of blue suede shoes. (Turn into a complex sentence) 

6)He answered in a low deep voice. (Use the underlined word as a noun and rewrite the sentence)

7) Fill in the blanks with suitable articles and prepositions:-

(1/2×6=3)

We lived(i) our ancestral house, which was built (ii)the middle (iii)the 19th century. It was a fairly large pucca house, made(iv)limestone and bricks,(v) the mosque street(vi)Rameswaram.

8) correct the error in the following line:-(1 marks)

 It is a fascinated game, guessing what went on out there.


(Options: fascination / fascinate / fascinating)



Set-2


A-Change the voice 

1)The hermit was digging the ground. 

2)I found the window. 

3)My father could convey complex spiritual concepts in very simple down-to-earth Tamil.


B-Change the narration:-

1)Then I won't turn you loose," said the woman to the boy. 

2) We'll soon be at your station," I said to the girl.

C)Do as directed:-

1)I am the most unhappy of men. (Change into positive degree)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class 11 HINDI NOTES

Madhyamik Hindi Notes

Class 9 Hindi notes