Madhyamik English Writing Skill

 Madhyamik English Writing Skill 

Letter

EDITOR LETTER

Format


To

The Editor,

The Telegraph,

Kolkata - 700001,

                       Sub:________________________

Sir,

       I am writing this to draw the attention of the concerned authorities towards ____(Sub)____ through your esteemed daily /daily newspaper.
[Body:-________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________]

       It is high time for the government to take proper measures in this regard.

Thank you,

                                                   Yours faithfully,

                                _____Name_____

Dated:___________    

Place: Kharagpur

_______________________________

1)-Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper protesting against smoking in crowded local train.

Ans.


To

The Editor,

The Telegraph,

Kolkata - 700001,

          Sub : Smoking in Crowded Local Trains

Sir,

      I am writing this to draw the attention of the concerned authorities towards smoking in crowded local trains through your daily newspaper.
      There is an instruction in the railway compartments 'Don't smoke if other passengers object'. But very few passengers care to obey it. It causes utter troubles to other passengers specially the old men and the ladies. It is needless to mention that smoking is harmful to health. It causes dreadful diseases not only to smokers but also to the others around. Really, smoking affects the passive smokers more badly.However, let's act together to stop this pernicious practice in the crowded trains.
       It is high time for the government to take proper measures in this regard.

Thank you,

                                                   Yours faithfully,

                                     _____Name_____

Dated:___________  

Place: Kharagpur

)Write a letter to the editor of an english daily expressing your concern over the lack of medical facilities in rural areas? //editorial letter on unhygienic condition in rural areas.


Ans.


To

The Editor,

The Telegraph,

Kolkata - 700001,

          Sub : The lack of medical facilities in rural areas/unhygienic condition in rural areas.

Sir,

      I am writing this to draw the attention of the concerned authorities towards the lack of medical facilities in rural areas/ unhygienic condition in rural areas through your daily newspaper.

The ruling govt. enjoying power after getting votes from both rural and urban areas, don’t think of the welfare of those rural people. They have no sufficient medical facilities in the government hospitals. Insufficient medical equipments, irregular attendance of doctors and nurses and violation of rules have made the hospitals unhygienic and unacceptable. They have to go to the nearby city or town and almost all the time, the patients die without having any treatment. Beside this, in minor cases the people get admission there and the filthy and unhygienic atmosphere of the hospitals make their condition more serious than before. 

        It is high time for the government to take proper measures in this regard.

Thank you,

                                                   Yours faithfully,

                                     _____Name_____

Dated:___________  

Place: Kharagpur





Informal Letter


1)Write a letter to your younger brother (within 100 words) who lives in a hostel advising him not to be addicted to the social networking sites like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram etc​.


Ans-

Vidyasagarpur,
Inda, Kharagpur, 
Pin-721305

Dear ( Brother's name ),

              I received your letter last night in which you've mentioned your marks. I'm not satisfied with your result. You are addicted to Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and many other. My brother, You should focus on studies. These social networking sites are slowly affecting your studies. You've your board examinations next year. So, It would be better if you stop wasting your precious time on these sites. These sites are not only affecting your studies but also your health. You should understand that - " Social media is not real life ". It is just a means of fake self-promotion.
             According to several pieces of research, youths can exacerbate the feeling of depression and loneliness due to addiction to social sites. Social media can damage the student's life as it can negatively affect relationships with others. You can become victim of cyber-bullying.
              You should focus on your goals and celebrate your achievements with friends, teachers and family. I hope my words will show you right path.

                         Lots of love & care!

Your elder brother

(Your name)

Younger brother's Name____________

Address of the addressee

_____________________________


2)Write a letter to your friend inviting him to spend puja days in your village during the Corona or Covid 19 crisis? // invitation to friend for Durga puja // Durga puja with safety measures for Corona virus (covid 19)

Ans-

ADDRESS OF YOURSELF


My dear Pradip,                      


   I have not heard from you for a long time and I hope you are all well in this crisis caused by corona  or covid -19 virus. We have a great tension whether there will be any examination at the end of our session.You know that we are going to  celebrate Durga puja this year very carefully by maintaining social distance and all other safety measures. It is also true that it is almost  impossible to control the spread of corona virus during those five days. In our village we are trying to organise in safety as much as possible. Our village is free from covid till now and no positive case has been tested yet. We are quite conscious of that and we know that we will not be spared if we don’t follow the safety measures.  But i know that it is not easy in your city where we see a great flood of people celebrating the puja days. People can’t keep up the distance there  and covid may show it’s worst image after the celebration in the cities. I think your father will not let you take that risk. But if you come to our village, you may have a great experience of rural celebration of durga puja without having any tension of this pandemic. Hope you will respond positively. 

No more today. More in my next letter. With love to you and regards to your parents. 


Your loving friend


ADDRESS OF YOUR FRIEND



3)Write a letter to your father telling him about your study during lock down caused by Covid-19 or corona virus?


ADDRESS OF YOURSELF



Dear father,                     

            Hope you are well and healthy now during this crisis caused by the spread of Covid 19 virus. You are far away from us and you’ve not come home for last four months. You are very anxious to know how my study is going on when our school is closed. I am quite disappointed as my Madhyamik examination, the first important exam of my life is very close to us. But I am trying my best to complete the syllabus of all the subjects. I am trying to make a very healthy preparation so that I can achieve success. The teachers of our school are conducting online classes to continue our studies. But there i face problem of proper communication as the interraction between me and the teacher can’t be properly maintained. In the video calling applications, there is a problem of network functioning. So online study has not had a great impact on my study. But I am helpless now and my preparation is going very well with the help of my mother, elder brother and my grandpa. 

         Don’t worry. I will try my best to keep my study well continued. Respect to you with my best wishes. 


Your loving son

.....................…..


ADDRESS OF FATHER

Madhyamik important letters

1.Suppose your friend who lives in a hostel, is missing his /her friends and family .He is feeling very lonely and sad .Write a letter inspiring him/ her to cope with his /her present situation.                                                                                                                                                               

Ans:-


                                                             (Your Address)


Dear Ram ,


         At the beginning of the letter you take my cordial love .For long we are away from each other. I hope you and your family members are fine by the grace of God .I am also fine by the grace of God.You have written in your last letter that you are feeling very lonely and sad in hostel.You are missing your friends and parents .I think that's natural. I can understand your feeling.But you are there for a purpose .You are studying in one of the best schools. You can not pursue your study there from home .So you have to cope with your present situation. Your parents are also facing these problems .


         No more today. More when we meet. Take care of yourself.   

                       Lots of love to you.                                                                                  




                                                    Your loving friend 


(Your first name)

 (Friend's Address)                      

 

6.Write a letter to your friend describing how you enjoyed your summer holidays


Salt lake, Kolkata


30 th Jan,2024


Dear Mohit,


          I have received your letter today. I am happy to hear that you are doing well and how you enjoyed your summer holidays. I am also fine here and my parents are doing well. Since you have wished to know how I spent my vacation, so in this letter I am sharing my experience.During summer vacation, we went to Kalimpong where my maternal uncle’s family lives in. There I visited the Delo Park where I saw different type of flowers, trees, hills and the most exciting thing that I saw is Paragliding. Then we visited the Kalimpong market where I saw many colorful ornaments, beautiful handcrafts, different type of foods. I ate delicious momos, thukpa, sel roti. On the way we saw tea gardens. I played with my cousins and spent a valuable times with uncle and aunt. I fell in love with Kalimpong. We stayed there for one week. It was a great experience.I hope you like my experience and I like to suggest you to visit Kalimpong. 

        Please pay my respect to your parents. Take care of youself. See you soon.


Yours lovingly, 

Soumen

7.Write a letter to your friend giving him/her a description of a cultural function held in your school.

Or,

8. Write a letter to your friend telling him how you spent the Independence day this year.

Ans-

 My dear Indranil,

      We observed India's 55th Independence Day at our school with great pomp and pleasure. On the day, we, the students went to school early in the morning dressed in our school uniform. We stood in rows in the school campus which was nicely decorated with small flags and Festoons. The honourable Minister for Sec,#ondary Education of West Bengal, took the chair while the D.I. of our district was present as the guest-in-chief on the occasion. There were also many distin- guished guests and guardians there. The National Flag was hoisted by the presi- dent. We all saluted the flag and sang our national anthem in chorus. This was followed by speeches, patriotic songs and recitations in the big hall of our school. The students and the teachers participated in them. At last, the president and the chief guest made brief but stirring speeches in which they called upon the stu- dents to build a new India of our dream. Then the Headmaster gave a vote of thanks. The function came to a close with a moving patriotic song. Then sweets were distributed among the people present on the occasion.

      No more today. With love,


Yours sincerely,

Soumen 


9)write a letter to your bank manager for educational loan for your higher education.

Ans-

To

 The Branch Manager, 

State Bank of India, 

Galia,Bankura.

Sub.: Application for sanctioning an educational Loan.

Sir,

          Most respectfully I beg to inform that I am a poor but brilliant student. This year I have passed the Madhyamik Exam with 94% marks in aggregate. I want to become a doctor.So,I have to do HS with science stream which is very costly for my family. The session will start in two months. My father is a small businessman in the same locality. He can hardly afford the fat amount of the total earnestly course fees. 

         Under such circumstances I earnestly request you to sanction an educational Loan of Rs. 5 lakh in my favour at the earliest to pursue my higher studies and build a bright career. ALL the necessary documents including all my academic certificates and the prospectus of the college are attached for your kind verification. Please do the needful in this regard. 

                            Thanking you,

                                                   Yours faithfully,

Soumen



10.Write a letter to your friend about the utility of morning walk/ daily exercise.
   Ans-

Vidyasagarpur,
Inda, Kharagpur, 
Pin-721305


Dear friend,
                How are you?I hope you are fine.I have received your letter a week ago.From your letter ,I have known that you are a late riser and you are lazy too.
               

              No more today.Write to me by return of post.
            

Lots of love & care!


Yours sincerely,

Soumen

Friend's Name____________


Address of the addressee

11.Write an application to your Headmaster for sick leave

To

The Headmaster

XYZ High School

KOLKATA

Date: Jan 6th, 2024

Subject: Application for sick leave

Respected sir,

With due respect, I am here to inform you that I am a student of class 10 of your school and I have been suffering from fever since last two days. My doctor advised me rest for few days. So I shall not be able to attend school for two days.

Therefore, I request you to kindly grant me two days leave from 7th Jan to 8th Jan. I shall be very grateful if you will approve my leave.

Yours obediently

Soumen Ghosh 


12) write a letter to your friend about the bad effects of online game.


Sahebnagar,

 Murshidabad,

 Date-30 Jan-2024


My dear Pradip,

         How are you ? I hope you are fine. I came to know from your parents that you are addicted to various online games. As a result your study is going down day by day. It is a very common but bad addiction. It will destroy your reading habit.Now many intelligent students are being destroyed by the online games. You can read story books to control your addiction. You should follow a routine. You can play online games in a limit. In this matter you may take help from your Parents. You may be involved in outdoor games like cricket, football etc to removed your monotony.

            No more today, more when we meet convey my regards to your parents with best love to you.


Yours ever,

Soumen

 (Friend's Address)                      


  13.write a letter to your friend telling him your plan after MP exam.


14) Letter to friend... to restrict the use of mobile phone/ social media.

Or,

Write a letter to your younger brother (within 100 words) who lives in a hostel advising him not to be addicted to the social networking sites like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram etc​.


Ans-

Vidyasagarpur,
Inda, Kharagpur, 
Pin-721305

Dear ( Brother's name ),

              I received your letter last night in which you've mentioned your marks. I'm not satisfied with your result. You are addicted to Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and many other. My brother, You should focus on studies. These social networking sites are slowly affecting your studies. You've your board examinations next year. So, It would be better if you stop wasting your precious time on these sites. These sites are not only affecting your studies but also your health. You should understand that - " Social media is not real life ". It is just a means of fake self-promotion.
             According to several pieces of research, youths can exacerbate the feeling of depression and loneliness due to addiction to social sites. Social media can damage the student's life as it can negatively affect relationships with others. You can become victim of cyber-bullying.
              You should focus on your goals and celebrate your achievements with friends, teachers and family. I hope my words will show you right path.

                         Lots of love & care!


Your elder brother


(Your name)


Younger brother's Name____________


Address of the addressee


15) Letter to friend telling him the benefits of reading newspaper.


16.Letter to brother telling him the benefits of early rising 
   Ans-

Vidyasagarpur,
Inda, Kharagpur, 
Pin-721305


Dear brother,
                How are you?I hope you are fine.I have received your letter a week ago.From your letter ,I have known that you are a late riser.
               Late rising is a bad habit indeed. You must get up early enough. It gives you a good start in your day's work. You can walk in the open air and enjoy fresh and pure air. You can see the sun rising. You see the dews on the flowers in full bloom. You can hear the first song of the birds. Early rising will develop your body and mind. It will supply you with a fresh fund of energy, for the day's work. To an early riser work is a joy and not a burden.
              No more today.Write to me by return of post.
            

Lots of love & care!


Your elder brother


(Your name)


Younger brother's Name____________


Address of the addressee



17) Write a letter to the headmaster for the improvement of library. 

To

The Headmaster, 

XYZ High School, 

XYZ,


(Sub: Request to improve school library with more books)


Sir,

       I, Soumen Ghosh, a student of Class-X, (Roll: 1, Sec: A), on behalf of all the students of our class, beg to state that the condition of our School Library is far from being satisfactory. The library is very dirty and full of garbage. The shelves are dusty and most of the books are old. We know that you have done a lot of improvements in schools in many cases. Now we would request you to renovate the library and buy at least some useful books.We request you to enrich the library with different reference books on different subjects. So many students of our school are very poor and they cannot afford buying books. So they will be very much benefited with it.

      Hope you will consider our request and take necessary steps to improve our beloved school library. 



Yours obediently,

SOUMEN GHOSH 

Class-X

Roll:1 Sec:A

KHARAGPUR,

30/01/2024


18) Write a letter to the headmaster for special classes for MP students.

To

The Headmaster, 

XYZ High School, 

XYZ,


(Sub: Request to arrange special classes)


Sir,


       I, Soumen Ghosh, a student of Class-X, (Roll: 1, Sec: A), on behalf of all the students of our class, beg to state that our Madhyamik Examination is knocking at our door but we are not well prepared. We have not done well in last Test Examination in many subjects, especially in English subject. Besides, our school teacher has yet not completed the syllabus of many subjects. So, we are very much fearful that in upcoming examination, we will perform very badly. You know that most of the students of our class totally depends on the school classes. So, we request you to arrange extra classes of few subjects like English, Mathematics so that the syllabuses get finished and we get excellent marks in the Madhyamik Examination. 

      I shall be very much thankful if you kindly grant our request considering it as a very serious matter.




Yours obediently,

SOUMEN GHOSH 

Class-X

Roll:1 Sec:A

KHARAGPUR,

30/01/2024



19) Write a letter to the chairman of your municipality complaining irregular clearance of garbage.

Ans-


To


The Chairman

 Kamarhati Municipality 

 Kamarhati, 24 Pgs.(N)


                   Sub: Regular Removal of Garbage 


Sir,


     I would like to draw your kind attention to the regular removal of garbage(कूड़ा करकट)and the insanitary condition through which the inhabitants of Kamarhati have been passing for the last few weeks. Heaps of garbage and rubbish have piled up in the vats of the locality but no clearance van has been in sight for the last few weeks.

     A strong stench(बदबू ) has been coming out from the heaps. It is impossible for anyone to stand for a moment on the road near any vats.The garbage, rubbish and the stench(बदबू)have rendered( प्रस्तुत करना) the area quite unsuitable for human living. Swarms( झुंड) of flies and mosquitoes are all around the roads. It must cause outbreak of infectious diseases anytime.The matter was brought to the notice of the Municipal office earlier but of no avail.

        In view of the above, I, therefore, earnestly request you to look into the matter and take necessary steps.

                       Thanking You,

Yours faithfully,

(Signature)

Place- 

Date- 

20) Write a letter to the OC of your local station for the loss of admit card/ mobile phone.

Date – 30 Jan,2024

To,

Officer in charge,

Kharagpur police station,

Kharagpur -721301,

Subject:- Complaining about the lost admit card/ mobile phone 

Respected Sir,

         I am SOUMEN GHOSH,currently living at INDA near KHARAGPUR police station. The reason of writing this letter to you is that I lost my admit card/ mobile phone at the morning while going to school by bus. (The lost mobile phone is Oppo reno Z2 with the Sim card Number 8545485689.)/(The lost admit card is for Madhyamik Exam and it has Roll no.50000S-123.

        If you could find the admit card/ mobile phone early it will be great help for me. Now I am using a contact number 987654321 if you want my help any time you can call me over that.

Thanking you.


Yours faithfully,

Soumen 


Story writing madhyamik 2024

Most Important Stories for MP 2024


1) A Farmer & His Lazy Sons

2) The Captive Soldier and Bird Seller

3) A foolish crow and clever fox

4) Intelligence of a crow/ thirsty crow

5) The Shepherd boy
6) A hare and a tortoise
7)Two Friends And A Bear 
8)King Solomon's Wisdom/(Two women and a child)
9)Lord Buddha And Poor Woman
10)The Wood Cutter and axe 

Important Stories for MP 2024

11) A greedy Farmer and geese

12) An old woman & a doctor
13) A cap seller
14) A forgetful scientist( Newton and his dog)



NOTICE


Outbreak of Coronavirus/ covid-19

No. 107                                                                                  

 Date 01/10/20

       The people of the locality are hereby informed that Corona Virus has broken out all over the world. So our municipality wants to warn the people about the spread of the disease. People are advised to stay at home and avoid crowd. Government will supply food and deposit money to the bank account. Covid-19 affected person should immediately be taken to the local hospital. Some helpline numbers have been activated to control the situation and help the people. If someone comes from other states and cities, people will inform local police station. They are also advised to use mask and wash hand and face frequently.Anyone willing to know more about it may kindly contact the undersigned.Active co-operation from all is highly solicited.

                                          Signature with date

                                           Chairman Kharagpur Municipality



2.Suppose you are the secretary of ABC CLUB your club is going to organise a blood donation camp in your club premises Write a notice inviting the people of your locality for donating blood in a blood donation camp.

ABC CLUB


NOTICE


Ref. No.22F/22


Date:26/02/2022


Donate Blood, Save a Life 

OR

BLOOD DONATION CAMP


All the  members of the club and the people of the locality are hereby informed that our club is going to organise a blood donation camp. It will be held in the club premises on March 8, 2022.It will be started at 9.30 a.m. and continued till 4 p.m. 'Star Blood Bank' will supervise the camp. BDO will be present at the camp to inspire people to donate blood. All the members and local people aged between 20 to 50 years are, therefore, requested to turn up at the camp to donate blood. Nutritious lunch pack along with a certificate  will be provided to the donors . Anyone willing to know more about it may kindly contact the undersigned.Active cooperation from all is highly solicited. 

Countersigned by President


SD/

PKG

Secretary

ABC Club


Processing

Formula for sentence formation
- Object+ is/are + Verb(3rd form)

1.Study the following chart and describe how mango-pickle is prepared:

Mangoes -buying-sorting -removing rotten ones- cleaning- cutting into pieces- drying- spices and salt-mustard oil and chilli mixing -keeping in a big flat pot in the sun- pouring into jars.


Ans-

HOW TO MAKE MANGO PICKLE
OR,
THE PROCESS OF PREPARING MANGO PICKLE
OR, THE PREPARATION OF MANGO PICKLE

Mango pickle is enriched with vitamin C and various minerals. It is widely used in Indian families.Mango pickle is made of mangoes.
[The process of preparing mango pickle is very easy. There are few easy steps to make mango pickle.]
At first,mangoes are bought from market.Next, mangoes are sorted and rotten ones are removed. Now, Fresh mangoes are cleaned. After that, clean mangoes are cut into pieces. There after​, mango pieces are dried. Then, salt, mustard oil and chilli are mixed with mango pieces, Next, it is kept on a big flat pot in the sun.[Now, the mango pickle is ready.]Finally,the mango pickle is poured into jars.[Thus,The mango pickle is prepared.]

Linkers:-At first,Then, Now, After that, There after,Next,Afterwards,Later,At last / Finally.


2)Write how to make a hand sanitizer with the help of the given flow chart:-


Flow Chart [Hints]


Collecting isopropyl alcohol, Glycerine, Hydrogen peroxide, Distilled water and essential oil --->mixing 2/3 cups of isopropyl alcohol +2 table spoon of Glycerine -- adding Hydrogen peroxide and distilled water--> pouring essential oil---> stirring the solution pouring into a bottle --->labelling

Ans-

PREPARATION OF HAND SANITIZER


Hand sanitizer is a liquid, gel, or foam generally used to decrease infectious agents on the hands.Hand sanitizer is used to kill germs. The process of preparing hand sanitizer is very easy. There are few easy steps to make hand sanitizer.

At first, required amount of Isopropyl alcohol, Glycerine, Hydrogen Peroxide, distilled water and essential oil are collected from the market. Then, 2/3 cups of Isopropyl alcohol and 2 table spoon of Glycerine are mixed properly. After that, Hydrogen peroxide and distilled water are added to the solution. Next, A small amount of essential oil is poured for a nice fragrance. Then, the solution is stirred well for some time.Now, the hand sanitizer is ready for use.Later, it is poured into a clean bottle.Finally, the bottle is labelled.Thus,The hand sanitizer is prepared within a couple of minutes.


Q.3. Describe the process of making Orange Juice with the help of the given flow chart:-


Flow-chart: Harvesting and Delivering - sorting and removing rotten ones-cleaning - crushing to extract juice- mixing with water and syrup -filling in sterilized bottles - sealing and labelling - putting into boxes - despatching to shop. 

Ans.

THE PROCESS OF PREPARING ORANGE JUICE 


Oranges are enriched with Vitamin C and minerals.Oranges are rich in Antioxidants.Orange juice is a healthy beverage.

The process of preparing orange juice is very easy.There are few easy steps to make orange juice.At first, ripe oranges are harvested from the orchard and sent to the factory for processing. Then, the fresh and juicy oranges are sorted out and rotten ones are removed. Next, the good oranges are cleaned and washed well in water.After that,oranges are crushed in a big crushing machine to extract juice. Next, water and syrup are mixed with the juice.

Now,the orange juice is ready for use.There after,it is filled in sterilized bottles. The bottles are then properly sealed and labelled.Afterwards,the labelled bottles are put into boxes for packing. At last, these boxes are despatched to different shops in the market for sale.Thus,the orange juice is prepared.

Q.4. Describe the process of making

 Lemon Juice.


Flow-chart: Harvesting and

 Delivering - sorting and removing

 rotten ones-cleaning - crushing to

 extract juice- mixing with water and

 syrup -filling in sterilized bottles -

 sealing and labelling - putting into

 boxes - dispatching to shop.

Ans-

THE PROCESS OF PREPARING LEMON JUICE 


Lemons are enriched with Vitamin C and minerals.Lemons are rich in Antioxidants.Lemon juice is a healthy beverage.
The process of preparing lemon juice is very easy.There are few easy steps to make lemon juice.At first, lemons are harvested from the orchard and delivered to the factory for processing. Then, the fresh and juicy lemons are sorted out and rotten ones are removed. Next, the good lemons are cleaned and washed well in water.After that,lemons are crushed in a big crushing machine to extract juice. Next, water and syrup are mixed with the juice.
Now,the lemon juice is ready for use.There after,it is filled in sterilized bottles. The bottles are then properly sealed and labelled.Afterwards,the labelled bottles are put into boxes for packing. At last, these boxes are dispatched to different shops in the market for sale.Thus,the lemon juice is prepared.




Q.5

Describe the preparation of phenyl at

 home with the help of the following

 outlines:


Boiling castor oil-mixing crushed

 resin-cooling-mixing caustic soda

 solution- -stirring solution quickly- -

adding creosote oil- keeping the

 mixture for ten minutes-- adding

 carbolic acid and potassium

 permanganate -pouring water-

 stirring the solution- keeping it for

 24 hours.


Ans-

HOW TO PREPARE PHENYL 


              Now-a-days,there are so many diseases.So, everybody likes to be tidy.

Phenyl is a liquid disinfectant.It helps to

 maintain our house disease-free.

The process of preparing phenyl is very

 easy. There are few easy steps to prepare

 phenyl.

At first,resin is crushed.Next, castor oil is

 boiled. Now,the crushed resin is mixed

 with boiled castor oil. Next it is cooled.

 After that caustic soda solution is mixed

 with it.There after, solution is stirred

 quickly. Then the creosote oil is added to

 it.Next, the mixture is kept for ten

 minutes. Thereafter, carbolic acid and

 potassium permanganate are added.

 Then,water is poured into

 it.Afterwards,the solution is stirred

 again. Finally, it is kept for twenty four

 hours.Now, phenyl is ready to use

 .Thus,phenyl is prepared at home very

 easily.


Q.6


Ans-

HOW A CUP OF TEA IS PREPARED

Tea is a popular hot beverage.It is enriched with antioxidants.The process of preparing tea is very easy.There are few easy steps to prepare tea.
            At first,water is boiled in a pot.After that,tea leaves are added into boiling water.There after,it is left for some time.Next, sugar and milk are put into a cup.Now,liquour is poured into the cup.Then,it is stirred well.Now,a cup of tea is ready.Finally,the tea is served hot.Thus,a cup of tea is prepared.

Q.7

Study the flow-chart below and write in about 100 words describing how mustard oil is prepared : 

Chart : Seeds are collected-dried- those seeds are put into hawler for crushing-add a little water for extracting oil- oil cakes separated-oil collected in containers -sealed oil- ready for sale.

Ans-

HOW MUSTARD OIL IS PROCESSED

Mustard oil is widely used in cooking.It is enriched with good fats.It is also used for body massage basically in indian families.The process of preparing mustard oil is very easy.There are few easy steps to prepare mustard oil.At first, mustard seeds are collected from farmers. Then,the seeds are dried properly in the sun. Those dried seeds are then put into hawler for crushing. During this time, a little water is added for extracting oil from the seeds. In the process oil cakes are separated from oil.Now,the mustard oil is ready.Next, oil is collected in containers.Finally, the containers are sealed and ready for  sale. In this way,mustard oil is prepared from mustard seeds.




Q.8

Use the following flow-chart write a

 paragraph (within 100 words) on how

 newspapers are published:

  press reporters collect news- press

 photographers take pictures - news

 sorted and edited-type set in machines -

 paper rolls inserted- news printed -folded

 and cut- newspaper ready for

 distribution

Ans-


HOW NEWSPAPERS ARE PUBLISHED

Newspaper is the mirror of the world. It plays a vital role in modern civilization. It helps us to acquire general knowledge which is essential for our education. Publication of newspaper is a prolonged procedure. The process of publishing newspaper is very easy.There are few structured steps to publish newspaper.At first, the news are collected by press reporters. Then, pictures are taken by press photographers. Next,the news are sorted and edited.After that, types are set in machines. Now, paper roll are inserted in the machines. There after, the news are printed on rolls. Then, the news prints are folded and cut. Finally, newspapers are ready for distribution.Thus, newspapers are published. 


Q.9


Use the following flow-chart write a

 paragraph (within 100 words) on preparation of mask:

Flow Chart [Hints]


Collect cotton fabric, elastic, needle, thread and scissors

      ⬇️

 measure

  0    ⬇️

cut out two 10 by 6 inch cotton fabric in rectangular shape

      ⬇️

stitch to make it one

     ⬇️

 fold over the long sides 1/4 inch and hem

     ⬇️

fold over the short sides 1/2 inch and stitch down

     ⬇️

 insert a elastic of 6 inch

     ⬇️

 tie the loop end


Ans-PREPARATION OF MASK AT HOME


             Nowadays, masks are one and only protection against the Coronavirus.It is very important to wear mask during this pandemic situation.There are few easy steps to make mask at home.The process of making mask is very easy.

                 At first, a clean piece of cotton fabric, elastic, needle, thread, and scissors are collected from market. Then, the cotton fabric is measured 10 by 6 inch using measuring tape.After that,it is cut into two pieces in a rectangular shape.Next, the rectangular pieces are stitched to make it one.There after, the double layer rectangular cloth is folded over the long sides 1/4 inch and hemmed. Again, it is folded over 1/2 inch along the short sides and stitched down. Later, a 6 inch length of elastic is inserted into the wider hem on each sides of the cloth to make the ear loops.Finally, the ear loop ends are tied. Now,the mask is ready to use. This home made mask can protect us from contagious disease and pollution.Thus,the mask can be prepared at home.


Q.10 

Use the following flow chart to write a paragraph on 'how a building is constructed'.

[Hints: Drawing of a plan of the building by the architect getting the plan sanctioned by the corporation or municipal authorities engaging masons and labourers with bricks, cement and sand - fitting doors and windows starting the construction -plastering of walls-wiring - electric and water connections - painting - building completed fit for living.]

Ans.

           How a Building is Constructed

Everyone needs a shelter.Humans are civilised so they construct buildings to live.There are few easy steps to construct a building.The process of construction of a building is very easy.
        At first,a plan of the building is drown by the architect.Next,the plan is got sanctioned by the corporation or municipal authorities.After that,masons and labourers are engaged.Now,the construction is started with bricks,cement and sand. Then,doors and windows are fitted.There after,the walls of the building are plastered.Next,the wiring is done / the walls of the building are wired.Now, electric and water connections are taken/electric and water supply are connected to the building.After that,the walls are painted.Now,the building is completed.At last,it is fit for living.Thus,a building is constructed.


Important Processings for MP 2024


1) School Magazine 


2) Rehydration
3) Paper making
4) Rice

5) Omelet 


6) Mustard oil(given above)


7) Salad✓

Chart: Peeling and slicing cucumber – slicing onions – cutting tomatoes>chopping mint or coriander leaves – mincing chillies – squeezing out the Juice of a lemon – sprinkling salt and pepper – adding salad oil – tossing the salad.

Ans:-

Preparation Of Mixed Salad


The preparation of mixed salad involves various stages. First, a few cucumbers are properly peeled and sliced and they are kept in a pot.Then a few onions are sliced and tomatoes are cut into small pieces. They are kept in the same pot. Next, mint or coriander leaves are chopped and green chillies are minced and both are put into the pot.Then the juice is squeezed out of a lemon and it is added to the ingredients. Now, salt and pepper are sprinkled on them and some salad oil is added.At last, the mixture is stirred well and the mixed salad is made ready to be served.

8) Lemon Squash( same as orange juice) (given above)

9) Tea/coffee (given above)


10) Building construction (given above)


11) Rain Formation

Study the following flow-chart and write a paragraph about the formation of rain.


[Flow-chart: waters on the earth heated by sun rays; – water vapor formed; – rises high in the sky; comes in contact with cold air; –  it becomes cooler; – it turns into clouds containing tiny water particles; float at large in the sky.]

Formation of Rain


How clouds bring refreshing showers for vegetation and the animal world is followed by a series of steps. The waters of ponds, canals, lakes, rivers, seas and oceans are heated by sunbeams. Thus the water vapour is formed and it rises higher and higher in the sky. Thereafter it comes in contact with the cold region of air in the vast sky. Naturally, it becomes cooler and cooler and condenses into water particles. This is a cloud replete with such particles. When the clouds in masses or patches are light in weight float at large in the sky. But when they are too heavy to be borne in the air they drop down as rain. 



12) Tomato Jelly (same as mango pickle) (given above)


13) Mango Pickle (given above)



Paragraph

1.Write a Paragraph about "Your Experience in Lockdown Days".

Ans-Your Experience in Lockdown Days

            During Lockdown the whole world is facing a lot due to spread of corona virus. We all are following lockdown and are working from home. We can't go out, we can't meet our friends and relatives, we can't travel, we can't go in school and watch a movie in hall.When the lockdown started, I was very happy. Our school was closed till further notice, exams were cancelled, the sun was shining. I was happy, and confident I would be OK. After all, how hard could staying at home possibly be? After a while, the reality of the situation started to sink in.The novelty of being at home wore off and I started to struggle. I had nightmares most nights, and struggled to sleep. It was as if I was stuck, trapped in my house and in my own head. I didn't know how to cope.However, over time, I found ways to deal with the pressure. I realised that lockdown gave me more time to the things I loved, hobbies that had been previously swamped by schoolwork. I started baking, drawing and writing again, and felt free for the first time in months. I started spending more time with my family. I hadn't realised how much I had missed them.


2.

Cleanliness


            Cleanliness is the habit of keeping things free from dirt. It is a very good habit. Like all other habits it is also formed by constant practice. This habit is to be formed right from the child-hood days and parents help a lot to form this habit. It includes not merely personal cleanliness- cleanliness of the body and clothes - but also the cleanliness of the mind. It keeps a man in good health and nice environment. It enhances pleasure and happiness of the mind. Dirt breeds diseases. So a man who remains dirty or lives in a dirty place suffers from diseases. It is, therefore, necessary for all to maintain cleanliness in body and in mind.

3.

How Our Locality Looks At Dawn


        Dawn(भोर) is a pleasant(सुखद) time.I live in a city named Kharagpur.In the early morning our locality looks very beautiful. The sky is slightly tinged(रंग ) with yellow for the sunrise. This natural beauty fascinates (मोहित करना) us. In the early morning there is no noise because there is no vehicle on the road. The environment is calm and peaceful. The air is fresh and smokeless. Gentle breeze blows. We enjoy watching the fall of dewdrops from the green grass. The breaking of the day, the birds start singing in joy. The melodious(मधुर) song of the birds makes us happy. The splendor (शान शौकत)of the new sun at dawn gives our locality a heavenly look.


4-VALUE OF TIME 

          Time is valuable to us all. We should value and appreciation of the significance of time every minute. We should not sit idle at all till the end snapshot of our life. One who loses time can never get it again. Time is solid and amazing than everything in this world.In this way, we should never invest our valuable energy without reason and significance at any phase of our life.

           We should be prompt as per the time and do every one of us work with time. We should wake up at the ideal time.We should always respect time. A person who understands the value of time will never waste it. Wasting time means postponing work which was supposed to be done at that particular time.Especially students should always be punctual with time. If we respect time & do our work accordingly we will always be successful. Money, health once lost can be retained or got back but time once lost can never be got back. Knowing the value of time will not be effective until we start working on time.

Important Paragraph 

1-Use and abuse of internet/ mobile phone

2-Air pollution 




3-Duties of students life 
4-A visit to a historical place

5-Necessity of tree plantation 

     Trees are our best friends because they give us many things. They give us shade on hot days and fruits to eat. Trees also make the air clean by taking in bad gases and giving out good gases. This helps us breathe easily. Trees make our world pretty too. They are homes for many birds and animals. If we cut trees, these birds and animals will lose their homes. Also, if there are fewer trees, there will be more bad gases in the air. This can make us sick. So, it’s very important to plant more trees. When we plant a tree, we are also giving a gift to the future. The tree will grow and give shade, fruits, and clean air to the people who will come after us. But remember, planting a tree is not enough. We also have to take care of it till it grows big and strong. So, let’s all promise to plant at least one tree every year and take care of it. This way, we can make our world a better place to live. Isn’t that a good idea? 

6-Clean Environment

Ans :- Given above

7-A journey by train


Biography 

1)

Points-


Full name - Diego Armando Maradona Franco


Nickname-El Pibe de


Date of birth-30 October 1960


Place of birth-Villa Fiorito, Buenos Aires, Argentina


Parents


Mother- Dalma Salvadora Franco


Father- Diego Maradona Senior (Construction Worker) 


Wife-Claudia Villafane


Children -3 daughters (Dalma Maradona, Gianinna Maradona, and Jana Maradona ), 2 sons (Diego Maradona Junior, and Diego Fernando Maradona ).


Profession - prince of soccer


Playing position(s)- Attacking midfielder,

second striker


First appearance- Argentinos Junior's first team(at the age of 15),Argentina national team, in a friendly match against Hungary. 


World cup - four World Cups


Goals- 34 goals in 91 international appearances for Argentina. 


World cup winner-1986 in Mexico against West Germany


Club football - Boca Juniors,Barcelona, Napoli


Coaching career- the Argentinean national team(2008) and other clubs


Awards - the FIFA Best Player of the 20th Century.


Death - 25 November 2020 (aged 60) Tigre, Buenos Aires,


Ans-

MARADONA-A LEGENDARY FOOTBALLER

        In the vast galaxy of great footballers,Diego Maradona was a shining star."The prince of the most beautiful game", Diego Maradona was born on 30th October in 1960.His place of birth was in Villa Fiorito near Buenos Aires,Argentina.His mother was Dalma Salvadora Franco.His father was Diego Maradona Senior who was a Construction Worker.His full name was Diego Armando Maradona Franco. His nickname was El Pibe de.His wife was Claudia Villafane.He had 3 daughters - Dalma Maradona, Gianinna Maradona, and Jana Maradona and 2 sons -Diego Maradona Junior, and Diego Fernando Maradona. Maradona displayed football talent as an attacking midfielder and second striker. His first appearance was at the age of 15 in Argentinos Junior's.Soon he was selected in the Argentina national team, in a friendly match against Hungary. Maradona played four world cups.He scored 34 goals in 91 international appearances for Argentina.The pinnacle of his career came when he became winner of the World Cup in 1986 in Mexico against West Germany.He played from football clubs like Boca Juniors, Barcelona,Napoli.His coaching career started with the Argentinean national team in 2008.Later,he also remained coach of other clubs.He was awarded with the FIFA Best Player of the 20th Century. The prince of soccer passed away at Tigre in Buenos Aires, on November 25, 2020 at the age of only 60.



2. Write a biography (within 100 words) of Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee with the help of the following hints. 10 marks

Points:

[Born: 21.02.1961; Bombay, Maharashtra, India; 

Citizenship : United states; 

Institutions :Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Princeton University;

 Field: Development economics, Social economics; 

Alma mater: Presidency College of the University of Calcutta (BSc), Jawaharlal Nehru University (MA), Harvard University (Phd); 

Contributions: Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab; 

Awards: Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 2019]

Ans-






Story writing

1)Write a story (within 100 word) with the help of the following hints.Give a title and add a moral to your story:10


Sir Philip Sidney wounded in a battle- felt very thirsty -a bottle of water was bought to him- going to drink- noticed a wounded soldier wistfully(उत्साह से) looking at the bottle- Sidney gave him the bottle saying "Thy need is greater than mine."



Important writing skill for 2023 

Story 

The Wind and The Sun


It was an autumn day. The wind and the sun had an argument.The wind boasted “I am stronger than you.”

The sun mildly said “No. you are not”.Just then, they saw a traveller wrapped in a blanket was passing by. The wind said, “Whoever separates the blanket from traveller is the stronger. Do you agree?”The sun replied, “OK. First you try.”

The wind started blowing. The traveller wrapped his blanket around him. He blew harder. The traveller held his blanket firmer. He blew still harder. The traveller held his blanket still tighter. The harder the wind blew the tighter and firmer did the traveller hold his blanket. The wind failed.It was the Sun’s turn. The sun smiled gently at the traveller. The traveller loosened his grip on the blanket. The sun smiled warmly. The traveller felt the warmth and soon took off the blanket.The sun was declared stronger.


MORAL : Gentle smile can achieve what brutal force can’t.


PARAGRAPH WRITING

 1) Use & abuse of mobile phones in our generation.

Uses and Abuses of Mobile Phones

Today mobile phones have become a very important gadget. It can be seen in everyone’s hand. It is true that with mobile phones, life has become easier. People can contact each other whenever they want to, or if there is an emergency one can make a call from wherever he or she is. Along with these advantages it has its abuses also. People talk while driving, which leads to many accidents. Students waste a lot of time by playing games on the mobile phone all the time or talking to friends. This is a big distraction as studies suffer because of this. thus, mobile phones are indeed a very good device, only if it is used properly, otherwise it can be very dangerous.

 2) Science in daily life. 

Science is a great aid to modern life. A modern man lives on the lap of science. This is his help-mate and companion in his daily life. The numerous gifts of science bless him from the early morning till the late night. He begins his morning with the alarm clock, the toothbrush, the tap water, the cup of tea and the newspaper. They are all the results of the great inventions of science. Again, his dress, vehicles, telephone and cooking appliances are all operated by science. When he feels sick, the wonderful drugs of science relieve him. When he feels tired, radio, cinema and television cheer him up. These are all mighty creations of science. Modern life is impossible without them.

3) A fair in your locality.

India is a land of fairs and festivals. They provide us a lot of fun and amusement.Many fairs are held every year in our city too. This year, I had a chance to see the fair as it was held in our locality.I decided to see the fair with-my parents. We reached the fair at 12 A.M. A number of people had come to see the fair. There are many shops at the fair. Some sold ice-creams and some sold fruits chat.

There was a rush of children in the shop of toys and dolls. Many children were enjoyed the elephant-ride. Bangle-sellers were having a brisk business.A magician was showing his magic. It attracted a large crowd. My father bought some toys for us and my mother bought some bangles. We enjoyed the fair very much.


4) Description of your Puja Vacation. 


BIOGRAPHY

1) APJ Abdul Kalam

2) Mahasweta Devi

3) M.S. Dhoni

 4) Sister Nivedita 

5) Swami Vivekananda

6)Atal Bihari Vajpayee


REPORT WRITING

 1) Blood Donation Camp

Blood Donation Camp 


Kharagpur, November 17: A blood donation camp was organized by ____(school's name)________on Sunday, 20th November, 2022, by the school committee. The motive behind the camp was to help voluntary blood banks and for patients who need blood at hospitals. More than 200 people turned up at the school ground to donate blood. All the teachers, students and the residents of the area enthusiastically participated in the program. The B.D.O of our block was invited as the chief guest. There were 5 doctors and 10 nurses from AIIMS for conducting the camp. All the donors were given fruits and healthy drinks to energize their bodies."We know that the society is facing the scarcity of blood and we wanted to do something about it," said Pratim Sengupta, the administrator of the school.At the end, our respected B.D.O sir gave a speech on the importance of blood donation. The program was ended with the National Anthem.


2) Road accident 

NOTICE WRITING

1) As a secretary, green space club of your school, issue a notice for tree plantation in your school premises.

2) As a secretary, social welfare club of your school, write a notice requesting students to donate freely to a relief fund for the flood in Kerala. 

3) As a secretary, of your village club, issue a notice for blood donation camp in your locality.

4 ) Your club has arranged a Eye Treatment camp. Write a short notice informing people in your locality.

5) As a secretary, of your school's Health Club, issue a notice requesting the students to join in the garbage cleaning operation in the school premises.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class 11 HINDI NOTES

Madhyamik Hindi Notes

Class 9 Hindi notes